(THIS ARTICLE IS COURTESY OF CNN)
(Since (R) Governor Matt Bevin came into office two yrs ago he non-stop has been attacking the Kentucky education system stripping the system and its educators of funding. Kentucky was already one of the lowest rated/funded systems in the country yet it just keeps getting worse under Gov. Bevin. The teachers pension fund was self funded and the Politicians (mostly all Republicans) have now stolen those funds. Ky educators get no Social Security benefits, this self funded pension was all they had, now Gov. Bevin and his Republican thieves have even stolen that money. It is time for all schools in the state of Kentucky to go on strike until Gov. Bevin is removed from office!) (Commentary by oldpoet56)
Kentucky teachers to skip work after lawmakers’ ‘bait and switch’ on pension reform
- Pension bill passed Kentucky’s House and Senate and heads to governor’s desk
- Changes to pension were put into sewage bill, in a move angering Democrats and teachers
(CNN)Several Kentucky teachers won’t be going to work Friday after the state legislature approved changes to their pension on Thursday.
- There will be no changes to the annual cost of living adjustments, which will remain at 1.5%.
- New hires will have to enter a hybrid cash balance plan, in which members contribute a specified amount into their account.
- Limits the number of sick days teachers can put toward their retirement.