(THIS ARTICLE IS COURTESY OF TRIVIA GENIUS)
You won’t believe how many times these celebrities have been married
Celebrity circles are rife with flings, love affairs, marriages, and public opinions. It should come as no surprise that many celebrities, whether for appearances, love, or lust, find themselves married more times than the average person. Here’s a quick look at celebrities who got married a handful of times — and in some cases, many more.
Celebrities who got married 4 times
Like most names on this list, Frank Sinatra defined the times during which he crooned, wooed, and swaggered on stage and in jazz clubs. Sinatra is Sinatra is Sinatra, meaning he’s one-of-a-kind in the eyes of many, and it’s hard to separate the man from the attitude and charisma.
- Frank Sinatra’s first marriage: Nancy Rose Barbato (1939-1951)
- Frank Sinatra’s second marriage: Ava Gardner (1951-1957)
- Frank Sinatra’s third marriage: Mia Farrow (1966-1968)
- Frank Sinatra’s fourth marriage: Barbara Marx (1976-1998)
Liza Minnelli’s initial claim to fame was as the daughter of “The Wizard of Oz” star Judy Garland, but Minnelli went on to make a name for herself in the entertainment business. Her roles in classics like “Cabaret” and “New York, New York” solidified her status as top-tier talent.
- Liza Minelli’s first marriage: Peter Allen (1967-1974)
- Liza Minelli’s second marriage: Jack Haley Jr. (1974-1979)
- Liza Minelli’s third marriage: Mark Gero (1979-1992)
- Liza Minelli’s fourth marriage: David Gest (2002-2007)
Celebrities who got married 5 times
Kenny Rogers is mostly known his country music (or his chicken, depending on your age), but the man has released over 120 hit singles across a broad spectrum of musical genres. Rogers has sold more than 100 million albums worldwide, and his musical achievement shave earned him spots on lists like “The 200 Most Influential Country Albums Ever” and “Favorite Singer of All Time.”
- Kenny Rogers’ first marriage: Janice Gordon (1958-1960)
- Kenny Rogers’ second marriage: Jean Rogers (1960-1963)
- Kenny Rogers’ third marriage: Margo Anderson (1964-1976)
- Kenny Rogers’ fourth marriage: Marianne Gordon (1977-1993)
- Kenny Rogers’ fifth marriage: Wanda Miller (1997-present)
Stepping behind the camera instead of in front of it, Martin Scorsese has been directing now-iconic films since he started his career in the late 1960s. Movies like “Raging Bull,” “Taxi Driver,” and “Goodfellas” helped define filmmaking both when they were first released as well as decades later.
- Martin Scorsese’s first marriage: Laraine Marie Brennan (1965-1971)
- Martin Scorsese’s second marriage: Julia Cameron (1976-1977)
- Martin Scorsese’s third marriage: Isabella Rossellini (1979-1983)
- Martin Scorsese’s fourth marriage: Barbara De Fina (1985-1991)
- Martin Scorsese’s fifth marriage: Helen Schermerhorn Morris (1999-present)
Celebrities who got married 8 times
Dame Elizabeth Taylor embodied the confident, sexy, classic Hollywood type many modern actresses try to emulate, and for good reason. She started her career in showbiz as a child actress in the 1940s and stayed in the spotlight until her passing in 2011. That’s a long time to attract a husband or two.
- Elizabeth Taylor’s first marriage: Conrad Hilton Jr. (1951-1951)
- Elizabeth Taylor’s second marriage: Michael Wilding (1952-1957)
- Elizabeth Taylor’s third marriage: Mike Todd (1957-1958)
- Elizabeth Taylor’s fourth marriage: Eddie Fisher (1959-1964)
- Elizabeth Taylor’s fifth marriage: Richard Burton (1964-1974)
- Elizabeth Taylor’s sixth marriage: Richard Burton (1975-1976)
- Elizabeth Taylor’s seventh marriage: John Warner (1976-1982)
- Elizabeth Taylor’s eighth marriage: Larry Fortensky (1991-1996)
Mickey Rooney was famous throughout his life for his quick wit, casual charm, acid tongue, and almost a century of on-screen and on-stage performances. It’s only natural to catch the eye of a few women when you’re in the game for that long.
- Mickey Rooney’s first marriage: Ava Gardner (1942-1943)
- Mickey Rooney’s second marriage: B.J. Baker (1944-1949)
- Mickey Rooney’s third marriage: Martha Vickers (1949-1951)
- Mickey Rooney’s fourth marriage: Elaine Devry (1952-1958)
- Mickey Rooney’s fifth marriage: Carolyn Mitchell (1958-1966)
- Mickey Rooney’s sixth marriage: Marge Lane (1966-1967)
- Mickey Rooney’s seventh marriage: Carolyn Hockett (1969-1975)
- Mickey Rooney’s eighth marriage: Jan Chamberlin (1978-2014)
Much like Elizabeth Taylor, Lana Turner was a name and face that defined the 1940s big studio era. Turner was one the highest-paid actresses in the United States during the mid-1940s, working an 18-year contract for movie studio MGM, and her personal life was highly publicized.
- Lana Turner’s first marriage: Artie Shaw (1940-1940)
- Lana Turner’s second marriage: Joseph Stephen Crane (1942-1943)
- Lana Turner’s third marriage: Joseph Stephen Crane (1943-1944)
- Lana Turner’s fourth marriage: Henry J. Topping Jr. (1948-1952)
- Lana Turner’s fifth marriage: Lex Barker (1953-1957)
- Lana Turner’s sixth marriage: Frederick May (1960-1962)
- Lana Turner’s seventh marriage: Robert P. Eaton (1965-1969)
- Lana Turner’s eighth marriage: Ronald Pellar (1969-1972)