(THIS ARTICLE IS COURTESY OF BRAZIL NEWS AGENCY 247)
OAS: A HISTORY OF CRIMES AGAINST LATIN AMERICA
The Organization of American States was born to become the ideal legal instrument for US domination on the continent
JUNE 8, 2018 AT 05:37 // SIGN UP FOR TV 247
247, with Granma, by Oscar Sánchez Serra – At the end of 1889, the US government of Benjamin Harrison convened the First Pan American Conference, which was the starting point for “Pan-Americanism”, which was already expressed as the economic and political domain of America under the supposed “continental unity”. It was the updating of James Monroe’s doctrine of December 2, 1823, at a time when American capitalism reached its imperialist phase.
José Martí, an exceptional testimony of the emergence of this imperialist monster, in connection with that conference and from the bowels of the beast, in his capacity as Uruguayan consul, expressed in the Argentine newspaper La Nación that “there has never been in America, from Independence until now, require more vigilance, nor require a clearer and more detailed examination, than the invitation which the powerful United States, full of unsaleable products determined to extend its dominions in America, make to the American nations of less power, linked by free trade with the peoples of Europe, to adjust an alliance against Europe, and to conclude agreements with the rest of the world.of Spanish tyranny Spain was able to save itself, and now, after seeing with and invitation factors, it is urgent to say,because it is the truth, that it came to Spanish America to declare its second independence. “
His keen intuition, his political genius and keen thinker, gave him reason. Between 1889 and 1945, during eight similar conferences, three consultation meetings and several conferences on special subjects, the advance of the economic, political and military penetration of the United States in Latin America was established, until the birth of the OAS in 1948, in the American International Conference of Bogotá, between March 30 and May 2, during which the Colombian liberal leader Jorge Elias Gaitn, of great popular rootedness, was assassinated. That fact motivated a great insurrection known as the Bogotazo, brutally repressed, and that served to manipulate the course and the results of the Conference, when the United States promoted as a threat to democracy the height of the Soviet Union and the communism, to which they accused for the deaths occurred in this uprising.
The history is there, no one can change it, the Organization of American States was born to become the ideal legal instrument to the American domination in the continent. The Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo, has just demonstrated this in his speech last Monday (4), at the 48th session of the General Assembly, that Raul Roa (Havana, 1907 – 1982), the Chancellor of Dignity, called ministry of the empire colonies. With his intervention speech, the head of US diplomacy gave the orders to isolate Venezuela, indicating to the region that it breaks relations with the legitimate government of Nicolás Maduro, as it did with Cuba in the early 60’s of last century, and demanding “democratic reforms” in Nicaragua, blaming the government of Daniel Ortega for the deaths caused by the violent acts in that country,
Pompeo, referring to Cuba on Monday, said that, “as democratic societies, we must support the youth of Cuba and other parts of the hemisphere in their hopes for democratic change.” But the same Cuba that emerged from the OAS, and with it all the peoples of America, with the protagonism of its young people, stood up as Martí did in 1889. “Why go as allies, in the best of youth, in the battle that is the United States preparing to wage war with the rest of the world? “
The diplomatic rhetoric of the OAS, concerning the postulates on the independence and sovereignty of nations and the rights of man and people, among which the principle of the non-intervention of one State in the internal affairs of others was based, is a dead letter in the face of a massive bloody expedient. The United States needs the living OAS to influence and divide the region and to restrain the consecration of its unique, inevitable and true historical destiny: the Martí and Bolivarian integration of its peoples.
Synthesis of the OAS trajectory
– In 1954, Guatemala was invaded by mercenary troops organized by the CIA, which overthrew the government of Jacobo Arbenz. The OAS has previously approved a regional collective intervention resolution in clear violation of its Charter and the UN Charter.
– The OAS did not make a single statement about the aggression against Cuba in Playa Girón in 1961.
– April 1965: Yankee marines were disembarked in Santo Domingo to prevent the victory of the constitutionalist popular movement on the militaristic reaction. It was the first collective intervention in a country in the area, with the OAS brand.
– The OAS was silent on the death of Salvador Allende, the murder and enforced disappearance of tens of thousands of South Americans during the grisly Operation Condor.
– The OAS did not promote peace in Central America during the 1980s, in a conflict that cost about 100,000 lives.
– The OAS has not backed investigations into the suspicion of General Torrijos’ death in Panama.
– In March of 1982, the British intervention that began the War of the Malvinas, the first aggression of an extracontinental power to a country of the Inter-American System, which, according to the Inter-American Treaty of Reciprocal Assistance -ARAR (another breeding of domination, supposed criterion of solidarity on the continent wielded by Washington), should call for continental solidarity with the aggressor. And … the United States politically and militarily supported Britain and imposed economic sanctions against Argentina.
– October 1983: A military coup overthrew the Grenada prime minister, Maurice Bishop, who was assassinated. The United States also sent an invasion force of 1,900 Marines to Grenada. The principle of non-intervention was no longer valid.
– The OAS was not even moved by the invasion of Panama in 1989.
– The 1992 Inter-American Democratic Charter raised the level of the treaty to impose unipolarism on the region, that is, the OAS did not change its face, so much so that in the face of the military coup in Haiti that President Jean Bertrand Aristides deposed in February 2004, exhibited the same level of disability and putrefaction.
– The OAS supported the coup d’état in Venezuela in April 2002, which sought to take power from commander Hugo Chavez.
– The OAS contemplated the coup against the government of Manuel Zelaya in Honduras in 2009.
– In 2010, the OAS turned a blind eye to another coup attempt in Ecuador during Rafael Correa’s administration.
– The OAS and its Secretary General, Luis Almagro, today sponsor US policies against Venezuela and Cuba.
Like this post? Spread the word and share it on social media.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)