(THIS ARTICLE IS COURTESY OF NBC NEWS)
“Anyone who was in the restaurant at the time and believes they may be impacted by the incident should seek medical treatment immediately,” the fire department said in a statement.
Two customers and eight other employees were treated at hospitals, Patterson said. They were believed to have not been seriously stricken, he said.
Download the NBC News app for breaking news
“What we believe happened is a worker at Buffalo Wild Wings used a cleaning agent on the floor. The cleaning agent is Super 8. The chemical definition or chemical identification is sodium hypochlorite,” Patterson said. “What sodium hypochlorite is a high concentration of chlorine.”
The building was evacuated at about 6 p.m. for a Tier 1 hazmat incident, Patterson said.
The fire department that there was no active threat to public safety and that the investigation was ongoing. It said the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration had been notified.
Buffalo Wild Wings said in a statement Thursday evening that it was referring questions to local authorities.
“We are shocked and saddened to learn of this horrific accident at our franchise-owned sports bar and are working closely with our franchisee and the authorities while they conduct an investigation,” the company said.