I was blessed to run across a discerning blog post by Matt Ratliff, and I am happy to reblog below. Ratliff delves into subjects that I merely touched the surface in Carnality in Worship. I encourage you to read and prayerfully consider his words, as well as read and prayerfully consider the instruction, admonishment, and encouragement found within 1 and 2 Corinthians. The path ahead for the Church is going to be difficult, but we are not alone; we are persecuted but not abandoned (2 Corinthians 4:9).
The following are ten guidelines Ratliff presents for biblical separation:
1. Be discerning (I Th. 5:21).
2. Maintain an earnest proclamation and defense of the faith (Jude 3).
3. Mark those who err (Ro. 16:17).
4. Avoid fellowship.
5. Avoid yoking together in ministry, organization, etc. (2 Co. 6:14-18).
6. Avoid their doctrine (2 Ti. 2:14-18).
7. Rebuke them openly, publicly, and plainly (Mt. 23:13-33; Ac…
View original post 2,467 more words