(THIS IS AN ARTICLE THAT I GLEANED FROM A FACEBOOK ORGANIZATION THAT I AM A MEMBER OF, THE NAME OF THE ORGANIZATION IS: INDEPENDENT FUNDAMENTAL BAPTIST OF THE WORLD)
2 Chronicles 29:20
Calls to Leadership for revival
Yesterday I said I was going to share over the next couple of days some things that need to happen in the leadership of our churches if we want real revival. It is not my intent to say I know all there is to know about revival, but I want to see it. I’m not trying to impress you, I am to set in my ways for that. But what would happen if we as leaders did seek God for true revival? Anyway, I am just sharing with you what God is laying on my heart.
Renewed call to worship – 20
The first call was a call to purity, now we look at second call, a call to renewed worship.
1. After the priests and Levites purified themselves and clean the temple for service, Hezekiah called the leadership to a time of worship.
• Anytime there was a dullness of religion amongst God’s people, their worship was the first thing to fall by the wayside! You can attend church, and even preach and still not worship God.
• In every revival recorded in the scripture, a renewed call to real worship was major factor in bringing about change! It started with the leaders!
• How can we expect to lead others to worship God, If we are not worshipping???
2. Worship is more than just coming to sit in a room to hear a message, or preach a message, and sing a few hymns! Worship doesn’t come from the mind, it comes from the heart!
• Scriptural worship always involves sacrifice! In our case, the giving of ourselves totally to God!
• “Romans 12:1”I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.” act of worship.
Let us check our heart!